Book of the Month
Class 315 read Your Fantastic Elastic Brain Stretch It, Shape It by JoAnn Deark, Ph.D.
Did you know you can stretch and grown your own brain? Or that making mistakes is one of the best ways your brain learns? Just like how lifting weights helps your muscles get stronger, trying new things without giving up strengthens your brain.
This fun and engaging introduction to the anatomy and functions of the brain will empower each young reader to S-T-R-E-T-C-H and grow their Fantastic, Elastic Brain!
YOUR FANTASTIC ELASTIC BRAIN ANSWERS THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS FOR KIDS:
- What is the brain?
- What does the brain do?
- List the different parts of the brain.
- What does each part of the brain do?
- How does the brain change over time?
- What happens to the brain when you learn something new?
- What happens to the brain when you make a mistake?
- How does the brain stretch and grow?
- What are neurons and how do they help your brain grow?
- What can you do to help your brain grow and stretch?